Who is Manisha Koirala?
Manisha Koirala is a famous Indian Bollywood actress. She has done many Hindi films. She was one of the popular shining stars of the Bollywood film industry. Manisha Koirala started her career in the film industry as a child artist. She is the daughter of Prakash Koirala and Sushma Koirala. She started her career in the year 1989 as an artist in the Nepali film Pheri Bhetaula. After two years, she started his career in the Hindi film industry through acted in the film Saudagar.
Manisha successfully maintains her career in the film industry as a successful actress. Over 26 years in the film industry, she has done over a number of films in different languages. Most of the films she acted gave a big box office hit like ‘Dil Se’, ‘Bombay’, ‘Muthalvan’ etc. Here we provide 15 Interesting Facts About Manisha Koirala.
1. An important fact many people don’t know about Manisha is that, she comes from a political family. Her Grandfather was the Prime Minister of Nepal.
2. Manisha has grown up with her grandmother in Varanasi. Later, she shifted to New Delhi.
3. One of the interesting Facts About Manisha Koirala was her aim to become a doctor. She never aimed to get into the film industry and become an actress.
4. A modeling stint provides the way to her to get into the film industry. This is the main reason for her first Nepali movie.
5. The first film of Manisha in Bollywood film industry is Subash Ghai’s Saudagar. The success of this film gave her a bright opening for Manisha in Bollywood
6. In her career, Manisha did a lot of big-budget movies. Her first big budget movie is Love letter in 1942. Starting from this, she acted in different movies like Akele Hum Akele Tum, Agnisakshi, Bombay, Khamoshi, Dil Se, and Mann.
7. Manisha did a Diploma in film making in the New York University of USA.
8. After returned from New York, she produced a minimum budget movie named Paisa Vassol in 2004.
9. Manisha Koirala won five best awards for her films Bombay, Khamoshi, Company and Escape from Taliban. In that, she got two awards for the Khamoshi film.
10. In 2010, the beautiful actress Manisha got married to a Nepali businessman Samrat Dahal. But, the marriage unfortunately came to an end in two years
11. Unfortunately, in 2012, Manisha was suffering from ovarian cancer. However, she struggles with the disease and now she has been recovering from it .
12. Manisha Koirala failed to qualify in the screen test which was taken for a love movie in 1942. She later requested for another screen test to Vidhu Vinod Chopra. And she qualified in the second screen test.
13. She did a lot of movies in Hindi and other languages. Manisha Koirala did Tamil movies like Indian, Muthalvan, BaBa etc.
14. Manisha Koirala has last seen in the movies three years ago. She acted in the film ‘Bhoot Returns’.
15. Soon Koirala is going to appear in Rohit Kaushik’s film ‘Chehere’ along with Divya Dutta and Gulshan Grover.
Article Title: 15 Interesting and Unknown Facts About Manisha Koirala
Article first published on March 25, 2017