Gujarat is considered as one of the most developed states in India. Gujarat is always considered as one of the best states to live in India. It is home of many popular celebrities and leaders in India.
In this article, Factswala has compiled a list of important, interesting, mind blowing and amazing facts about Gujarat. So, let’s enjoy it!
Facts about Gujarat: 20 Amazing, Interesting and Mind Blowing Facts
1. Gujarat has the largest sea shore in the country i.e. 1600 km.
2. Gandhinagar is considered as one of the greenest cities in the world and the greenest capital city in the whole Asia.
3. Ahmedabad was the first capital of the state.
4. Ahmedabad was listed as the third fastest growing city in the world, according to Forbes 2010 report.
5. India and Pakistan’s Father of Nations both were Gujarati, namely, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi aka Mahatma Gandhi and Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
6. Rajkot is the ninth cleanest city in India.
7. Four are Gujaratis out of Top 10 Richest Persons in India, namely, Dilip Sanghavi, Mukesh Ambani, Azim Premji, and Pallonji Mistry.
8. Alang, Bhavnagar is the largest ship breaking yard in the world.
9. Gujarat is the largest milk producer in the country.
10. The British East India Co. first set up its trading centre in Surat in 1818.
11. Gujarat is the only home of Asiatic Lions.
12. More than 60% population of NRIs in North America is Gujarati.
13. Gujarati-origin owns more than 17,000 motels and hotels in the United States.
14. More than 8 out of the 10 of the world’s diamonds are processed in the city Surat in Gujarat.
15. The percentage of man-days lost in Gujarat due to labour unrest/strike is 0.42%, the lowest in the country.
16. Surat is considered as the hub of diamond business in the world after Antwerp, Belgium.
17. 80% of all diamonds sold anywhere in the world are polished in the state of Gujarat. The only non-Jews in the Tel Aviv (Israel) and Jerusalem (Israel) diamond bourse are Gujaratis.
18. Amul is the largest dairy in Asia.
19. Some of the best business communities in India — Parsis, Jains, Memons, Banias, Khojas and Bohras — all speak Gujarati
20. At the height of about 2000 feet, Palitana in Gujarat is the only place in the world with more than 900 Jain temples.
21. Gujarat survived a major earthquake which was happened in 2001. The people of Gujarat re-built the state from stretch and became more progressive after the earthquake.
Article Title: Facts About Gujarat: 21 Amazing, Interesting and Mind Blowing Facts
Article last re-published on March 7, 2017.