About Amit Shah
Amit Shah is the current president of Bharatiya Janata Party, BJP. He is one of the famous political leaders in India. He works and manages the election campaigns of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and LK Advani. Amit Shah was born to Anilchandra shah in 1964 in Bombay. His father was a rich businessman.
Amit shah did his Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry. He was a volunteer of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh RSS. Amit Shah is the leader of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP). Afterward, Amit Shah joined in BJP and now he is the leader of the party. Being a political leader, there are many things people want to know about him. Below we have given some interesting Facts About Amit Shah.
1. Amit Shah was born as Amitbhai Anilchandra on October 22, 1964. Mumbai is the birth place of Shah and he is brought from a well-to- do joint family. He is a graduate in Biochemistry.
2. Amit Shah was a leader of ABVP at the time of his school days. He belongs to RSS from his childhood and at the time of doing his graduation; he legitimately became a volunteer of RSS.
3. Shah has worked as a stockbroker in 1986 before he joined in BJP. Then in 1995, he was appointed as the chairperson of Gujarat State Finance Corporation under Keshubhai Patel’s government.
4. Amit Shah and Narendra Modi first met in 1982 in the RSS circles of Ahmedabad.
5. First Amit Shah helped his father in his business. His father runs a PVC Pipe business. Later on, he worked as a stack broker and this led him to join in the cooperative bank in Ahmedabad.
6. In four consecutive elections of the years 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2007, he was elected as the Member of Legislative Assembly. This is one of the interesting Facts About Amit Shah.
7. In 1991 and 1996, Amit Shah managed the election campaign of Lal Krishna Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This made him an excellent strategist.
8. After joining BJP in 1986, Shah became the full-time activist of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha
9. Amit Shah is the close associate of the current Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. When Narendra Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shah had held a number of portfolios in Gujarat state government
10. In 2002, Shah was given charge of several ministries of Gujarat state government such as Home, Parliamentary Affairs, Justice and Law
11. Shah was accused in 2010 for two police encounters. At that time he was the state minister of Home Affairs. Due to this fake encounter, he was forced to resign his minister post.
12. For Uttar Pradesh elections, BJP made Shah as its party in-charge. BJP won 73 seats out of 80 under the supervision of Amit Shah.
13. Due to the victory provided by him, BJP becomes happy and made him as the National President for the party in July 2014. Under his guidance, BJP has victories over Maharashtra, Jammu, and Kashmir and Haryana.
Article Title: 13 Interesting, Fun and Lesser Known Facts About Amit Shah
Article first published on March 25, 2017.